Poor blood flow around the anus can be one of the causes of the development or worsening of hemorrhoids (piles) or anal fissure1, 2). In fact, patients with hemorrhoids (piles) or anal fissure have poor blood flow in their buttocks, and improvement of blood circulation in their buttocks is effective for relieving symptoms of hemorrhoids (piles) or anal fissure 3, 4).
In particular, bathing in a bathtub is known to improve the congestion, which is one of the causes of hemorrhoids by improving the local blood flow of the buttocks5).
1) Tetsuro Yamana. et al.: The journal of the Japan Society of Colo-Proctology, 63: 819, 2010.
2) Hideo Watanabe. et al.: The journal of the Japan Society of Colo-Proctology, 64: 127, 2011.
3) Website of the Japan Society of Coloproctology, Colorectal and anal diseases -Hemorrhoids treatment-
4) Website of the Japan Society of Coloproctology, Colorectal and anal diseases -Anal fissure-
5) Yasuhiro.Shimojima. et al.: Medicina, 48: 250, 2011.